Choosing your kitchen furniture
Leekes offer a wide selection of kitchen furniture to co-ordinate with traditional and contemporary kitchens alike - from classic country sets that seat the whole family to sleek modern bar stools for eating on the move - everything in between.
Consider the following top tips when planning your kitchen additions:
- Plan where your kitchen table is going to go and measure the space. Allow enough room for chairs to be pushed out easily and eliminate any potentially dangerous interferences with appliances or cooker doors.
- If your kitchen table is going to be used for everything from kids' homework to food preparation, go for a durable option that can be cleaned easily. Wooden tables are very robust and hard-wearing in family homes while a sturdy kitchen island unit with bar stools allows the family to sit together while the chef gets to work.
- In compact kitchens, glass or perspex tables can make a small space seem larger, while in open-plan spaces, a large kitchen table can be used to separate the cooking zone from the dining area.
- Create an eating zone in U or L-shaped kitchens by putting a round table in the centre of the space - allowing diners the ability to move freely without encountering any corners.
- If your kitchen welcomes a steady stream of visitors, then a streamlined table and matching benches can work well, offering improved versatility at mealtimes. Extendible tables are also an option for special occasions with additional seats stored away until the need arises.
Remember that the right kitchen dining set should be comfortable, welcoming and above all, meet your needs. Shop the entire range of kitchen furniture at leekes.co.uk
If you are interested in a FREE no obligation consultation with one of our experienced in-house designers then please complete this form >